Saturday 3 August 2019

When one door closes

Change is in the air
It was Alexander Graham-Bell, I think, who first set down on paper:
When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.
Early retirement in 2014 brought for me a different sort of life, as busy as before but not subjected to the timetabled routines of a school day, term and year. I changed job seven times throughout my career and my daughters have each changed at least twice, depending on whether or not you count voluntary work and internships…. I’m a great one for rationalising and not looking back at closed doors. The summer of 2019 marks a new perspective for my family as Emily ends her work for a national charity and begins training to join a much bigger organisation: the NHS. When one door closes, another opens….


No comments:

Post a Comment