Saturday 14 July 2018

Great Yorkshire Show

Great Yorkshire Show and Sally at Kirkham Priory
160th Great Yorkshire Show
I blogged about last year’s show (here) and admitted I’m not a fan of mud, but there are characters in my book, Raydan Wakes, who work with animals so I like to see what they see and smell what they smell as inspiration. It’s also a chance to marvel at the number of people who turn out for a big event. And it’s a chance to wander around with family, gawp at the Best In Show animals, enjoy a tipple in the (hot sun and blue sky) afternoon and eat a Yorkshire steak pie. Highlight? I thought last year’s Atkinson’s Action horses were astonishing but Lorenzo the Flying Frenchman will be hard to forget – thundering lines of big beasts, inconceivable horseback flag-waving and – did those horses really do that? – and that? – and that? – in synchronisation? (Look out for his appearances or check his website here – highly recommended.) 



No comments:

Post a Comment